Friday 30 January 2009

"Try to justify the things I used to do, believe in you"


They're all empty, in case you're wondering. Exam sessions rock (except they so do not).

*

No outfit posts this week because I did not leave the house except to go to my Histology Lab exam and to get coffee.

The only clothes I wore on these little trips were jeans, a tee and rainboots because while I was stuck in the house, with nothing but pages and pages of courses, Coke Zero and 12 hours of studying non stop, the sky felt like it had broken and it's been raining non stop. It's like the world is trying to catch up on the water it's been owing us since a very hot and dry autumn.

So, in lack of outfits, here is a quiz post and a lot wishes for a great weekend :)

*

I've been tagged by Zmaga to share 10 random things about myself, so off the top of my head here are the first things that come to mind:

1 I love movies and if I like a movie I can watch it 10 times in a row and not get bored of it. I've watched The Dark Knight about 6 times this summer, 3 of those times at the cinema!

2 I have a new obsession every week. This week: Twilight, apple and kiwi smoothies, making paper planes out of my courses. And when I do I go all the way (why yes, that is a photo of Robert Pattinson on my cell phone, iPod and computer desktop, why do you ask?)

3 I am very friendly with almost everybody, but I make real, honest-to-god, lets-share-friendship-bracelets friends rarely. But if I do end up considering you my friend I consider it to be forever. So my girls (they know who they are <3) style="font-weight: bold;">4 I'm a Taurus and I relate to my sign completely: stubborn, possessive, chilled until you really step on my nerves and then it's smoke-out-of-ears fury, haha.

5 I love reading. A lot. Favorite writers: Steinbeck, Amelie Nothomb, Faulkner, Bulgakov, Pascal Bruckner, Oscar Wilde.

6 I am half Macedonian. I can understand the language perfectly but can't speak a word of it.

7 Speaking of languages, my mom always jokes that I know English better than Romanian. She might be right :))

8 I love breakfast! You can starve me all day if you want, but if you get between me and my breakfast I die. It's my favorite meal of the day and it usually consists of a bowl of whole wheat cereals with soy milk, cinnamon, ground flax seeds and different fruits. Yum!

9 I am an early bird and I'm out of bed at 6 or 7 every morning.

10 I love coffee... but I guess that's really not an unknown fact about me, is it?

*

Also, I've been tagged by the adorable Annah:

The rules are :
1. Go to the 4th folder in your computer where you store your pictures.
2. Pick the 4th picture in that folder.
3. Explain the picture.
4. Tag 4 people to do the same!

My 4th folder is called Music is Love and this is the photo:



This photo is Brendon Urie, who is the singer from one of my favorite bands, Panic at the Disco. The photo was taken from the photo site of Thomas Conrad who is a great photographer and who unfortunately posts too little and whom I really like! Needless to say, I think this photo is absolutely beautiful <3

*

19 comments:

Sil said...

I could never study that much, I think I've never studied that much! even though I'm almost out of college... I wish you success on your exams... cheers!

Realwedding said...

Poti sa ma adaugi in lista ta http://yourrealwedding.blogspot.com
PS: nice blog!

Wanderlusting said...

LOVE that NIN song. Love NIN!

Great list, I saw Jurassic Park 8 times in the theatre! (and actually Dark Knight twice in the theatre) so I know where you are coming from. I also saw Xmen about 6 times in the theatre too...must have an affinity for action films.

I wish I was an early bird. Maybe if I had such a delicious breakfast to look forward to, I would be!

luv

Lusty

Alice X said...

i love your lists and looking at the diet coke cans make me smile. i love that picture of brendon, tom conrad gets the best photo ops:)

Anonymous said...

Wowww.. You got a cool bloggggg

karl's sweet child said...

1. Your breakfast sound so yumm-o!
2. Your coke and starbucks shot is really cool..its inspiring me!
3. Being a med student is really hard, eh??
:-))

Denisa L said...

ohh Twilight... am citit toate cartile si au ajuns printre preferatele mele!
love them:x

Anonymous said...

Oh how I would love to speak many languages. I can sort of speak Japanese, but is English is my best language. I hope you do well on your exams! I know how it feels, I just finished a week with 5 exams.

Syed said...

Woah, your 4th and 4th photo is stunning! And I am totally a morning person too, I have to wake up early regardless, and I adore breakfast over all other meals lol.

Kay said...

I LOVE Oscar Wilde. The Picture of Dorian Gray is my favourite book of all time.
I am addicted to Diet Coke. I think I drank over a litre yesterday... although by the looks of things that wouldn't be that shocking to you! I wish I was an early bird... I am awful at mornings.

FASHION CHALET said...

Starbucks trumps Coke! haha!
Ohh old photos are the best. I fall asleep looking through old albums all of the time. Glad you liked my little post, Anna. Thank you. :]

xxxxxx

yiqin; said...

Thats many cans of diet coke! I am not a fan of soft drink though

Michelle said...

Hehe, I LOVE caffeine. Diet coke and coffee are the bane of my life.

Bianca said...

sick blog
i love coke zero!!!
i have been feeling the burn of exams and im only in high school. I will probably die next year in college.
i am kinda new to blogging...well actually im not, this is my third blog, i had two going before each for like 6 months before...i hate when people comment and are all like "come check out my blog" but i have no readers...so yeah. if you could come check it out that would be cool :)

Jane said...

That top picture with the cans and starbucks is really cool for some reason! lol.

Visit http://vintage-tea.blogspot.com/

x

Anonymous said...

I see you like ryan ross :D he's a stunner :)

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I get obsessive about random things like you too! I was in a Twilight phase a few months ago and read the entire series in a couple of days! Also, apple and kiwi smoothies sound amazing!!!

Vera said...

So fun getting to know you a little bit better! So you are half romanian half macedonian? Do you ever go back to either country?

Anonymous said...

love the photo

www.balmainbazaar.blogspot.com
lets link?