Sunday 28 June 2009

"I bake pies and wake the dead. I live a very sheltered life."

Sunday afternoon, nothing but pages of pages of tedious courses, no good movies on tv, no sweets in the fridge (where did all the chocolate cake go?!) and the rainy clouds that keep you inside (even though I'd love nothing more than to grab my rain boots & and run around in the rain laughing like a child with no worries).

Also, Pushing Daisies is now over forever, and that is sad sad sad.

This is a Sunday that needs a little inspiration.

*

(clicky all for bigger)

Quote that makes my breath catch:



*

Trailers of Interest:

Daybreakers.
Ethan Hawke, Willem Dafoe.

Cheri.
Michelle Pfeiffer, Rupert Friend.

My Sister's Keeper.
Abigail Breslin, Cameron Diaz, Alec Baldwin.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

*

Photo that makes me want to live, dance, sunbathe:


Nirrimi Photography.

*

It's what's in a magazine's pages that counts:


"City of Dreams"
Caroline Trentini, Daria Werbowy


"State of Grace"
Natalia Vodianova.


"The Wedding Party"
Sasha Pivovarova & Family.

*

Unexpected Combination:



Leighton Meester, Cobra Starship and Alexa Chung.
I am so excited for the new CS video!!
source: blairwaldorfs @ LJ.

*

I wish I could draw more than stick figures on paper napkins:


Nati Art.
I remember discovering Nati's superb drawings back when I was in high school, when dial-up internet was the rage and I hadn't discovered foundation yet. Computers changed and I lost her address but thankfully, fate made me bump into it accidentally only a few days ago.
Check it out, her art is so beautiful and haunting.

*

Can I be you for a day and maybe have your perfect style too?:


I love the warmth of summer but I really miss my tights. Sigh.


I plan on wearing a lot of lace tights so all is well! And I need to get over my semi-phobia of jeans and get a pair just like those!

*

Hottie of the week:


Mr. Karl Urban. Bringing the sexy back to our very favorite space doctor.

*

Killing Time Online:

The Cryptic Canvas.
Can you find all the movies here?

The Sterile Eye.
Life in the OR seen from behind a camera.

365 Reasons to Party.
Today we party because it's the anniversary of the first ever dog show. Bring the champagne!!

The Kaiser.
He amuses me greatly and I mean that in the best way :)

The Milky Way.
Wow. Don't you feel really really tiny suddenly?

How to extract DNA at home.

What do you get when you cross Lady Gaga and and an orchestra.
Freaking Awesome, that's what!

*

And the If-I-Had-A-Million-Dollars-You'd-So-Be-Living-In-My-Closet Award goes to:


Zac Posen . Marchesa . Alexander McQueen.



Lanvin . Alexander McQueen.



Lanvin.

*
Song of the Day: Green Day - The Static Age

20 comments:

Nemerae said...

I also love black tigths, I think dresses&skirts look more elgant with them... and also coloured ones, they are so funny! :)
Lovely pics, specially that with Natalia Vodlianova.
Thanks for yor comment on my blog!
xx

Annabel said...

i love karl urban!! and ya, i know what you mean about missing your tights. lol. it's not weird ;)

Gabriela said...

what a lovely post :)
some great style pictures!
your blog is always a lot of fun!

http://petiteesthete.blogspot.com

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

"It's On With Alexa Chung" is definitely filling some void I didn't even know existed--ironically too I don't like Facebook, Twitter, or random Youtube videos which seems to be what the show revolves around...

Esmé Squalor said...

I have just clicked on every single one of those links because I am too tired to be an innovative internet surfer today. . . thanks for that =D

Esmé Squalor said...

Oh and you have such great taste--Green day, Pushing daisies, panic at the disco, mucho starbucks siempre--its' allllll goood.

Samantha said...

Oh hay-ell. More Karl and shiny gorgeous heels (not combined) please!!

indigotangerine said...

I am going to miss pushing daisies so. The wedding party was such a sweet editorial...
-indigo

Ella Gregory said...

I love that Natalia editorial, it's so pretty.

Cherie said...

i love the shoes, they're so pretty! and i'd totally buy that marchesa dress too if i had the big bucks :D

FASHION CHALET said...

Alexa Chung and Leighton Meester do seem like the loveliest of people, no? :)

And can you bake me a pie? Pecan is my favorite.. haha ;)

thanks, Anna, for the comments!



x

kiss me quick said...

best post ever ^^

I gotta say, especialy the title and the photos with alexa chung and leighton ^^

xxx from kissmequick

Wanderlusting said...

Met Karl Urban in New Zealand (my family worked on Lord of the Rings) and am so glad he is going places now!

Also, really love that pic of Louise in the flower field...it is so fresh and inspiring and yes, like you say, makes me want to run outside and play in the rain!

X0X0 Lusty

www.ontheblogbandwagon.blogspot.com

Syed said...

That quote at the beginning is so fantastic :) And I must say, I am super excited after seeing the Harry Potter adverts on tv. Wow, that shot of Natalia is absolutely stunning! Oh my, Nati's artwork is so beautiful. Yum, and loving the McQueen heels.

Hope you're well dear and the work is going well :)

Gracie said...

i love your blog, it's great (:
and i love the name 'Cinnamon & Coffee' (so cute)
xx

Alice in vintageland said...

I'm brokenhearted about Pushing Daisies - great tv shows should never end. Karl Urban is yummmy!:)

Alice X said...

i loovee this post. pushing daisies sad. really really sad!

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I love your blog. It's so inspiring! One thing is, I am having trouble finding contact information on your blog. Wanted to know if you'd be interested in exchanging links? Here is my link:

http://blog.polishedsense.com/

Think about it and let me know if you'd be interested thank you!

Lo said...

your blog is such a great read! I love it

Anonymous said...

LOVE that Frank o hara quote, I just adore it all over, thankyou for the reminder of it. Lovely blog, with good words n pictures